The functions of computer system and their application are endless nowadays because of the speedy development of computer .The Processor which is commonly called as CPU [Central Processing Unit] is getting advanced day by day as well as the input, output, and huge storage devices .The overall development of computer system has reached to a different level so it’s very difficult to categorize them. Here we are going to discuss some basic functionality of computer system irrespective to their applications, power, size and capacity.
Also Read ::
- What is Computer Fundamentals
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer
- Basic Block Diagram of Computer
- What are Characteristics of Computer
- Classifications of Computer
The computer can execute information or data provided to them in less than one-millionth of a second. Some super computer (PARAM) can execute or perform the operation in less than one-billionth of a second.
Initially the data or instruction or information or guidelines is given to computer system with the help of input devices and the data is placed in Primary memory and later the data is send to central processing unit for further operation. At the point when the data or instruction is sent to a central processing unit, it does the following task for better computer functionality.
- Central processing unit receives or gets its information from Primary memory
- It then decides which form of data is this and what should be the suitable or appropriate action for the set of instruction ,for example central processing unit decides to send this data to ALU (Arithmetic & Logic Unit)
- Arithmetic and logical operation are executed by ALU
- Once the operation is finished the result or outcome is stored in ALU and after that, the data or instruction is sent or forwarded to output devices in human readable or intelligent form.
Functions of Computers
The Four Basic Functions of Computer System are Mentioned Below ::
Also Read ::
- The Five Generations of Computer
- A Brief History of Computers
- Different Types of Computer
- What is a Computer Virus?
- What is Computer Hardware and Software
Input Functions of Computer System
The data or set of information is provided or given to computer system through input devices such as Keyboard, mouse, and so on. The Information is given to them in a raw form later the data is handled or processed and hence we receive the data in encoded form with the assistance or help of output devices
The input devices accept the data from outside the world It is responsible and incharge for transferring, processing and exchanging the given instruction and information.
Output Functions of Computer
Once the process task of central processing unit is completed or finished it forward’s the data ,instruction and information to output devices such as printer, Computer monitor ,TFT, LCD, Speaker.
The output can also be stored or hold in recording medium like DVD’s and Hard disk for further use. The outputs square measure within the style of electrical pulses.
Processing of Computer System
This is additionally referred to as core of computing system .When the data or information is send from memory to Personal computer for processing It controls all activities of computer to urge or receive the desired output.
Storage Unit of Personal Computer
When the data or instruction or guidelines is given to computer it is stored and hold in primary memory before real processing of the data and information is to be started.
There are two types of storage
Primary Storage :: It is also called as main memory or RAM .It is very expensive and they cannot store the data when power is off.
It is an important component for proper functioning of computer system.
Also Read ::
- What is a Motherboard
- Different Types of Motherboard
- What is Operating System and its Types?
- How to Create a Bootable USB Pendrive
- What is Dos Operating System
- What is Computer Password
- How to Reset BIOS Password
- What are Computer Peripherals?
Secondary Storage :: It is also called as permanent memory. They can store data permanently and user can recall or retrieve their data whenever they need.
They can hold or store data when there is a power off.