Block Diagram of Computer System :: The Computer system consists of mainly three types that are central processing unit (CPU),Input Devices, and Output Devices.The Central processing unit (CPU) again consists of ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) and Control Unit.
The set of instruction is presented to the computer in the form of raw data which is entered through input devices such as keyboard or mouse.
Later this set of instructions is processed with the help of CPU [Central Processing Unit], and the computer system produces an output with the help of output devices like printers and monitors.
A large amount of data is stored in the computer memory with the help of primary and secondary storage devices temporarily and permanently. This is called as storage devices
The CPU is the heart | Brain of a computer because without the necessary action taken by the CPU the user cannot get the desired output. The Central Processing Unit [CPU] is responsible for processing all the Instruction which is given to the computer system.
Below Block Diagram of Computer and Its Components are mentioned for better understanding
Block Diagram of Computer
The Basic components & parts of computer system are given below ::
- Input Devices
- Output Devices
- CPU (Central Processing Unit)
- Storage Unit
- ALU(Arithmetic Logic Unit)
- Control Unit
Also Read ::
- What is Computer Fundamentals
- Top 10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer
- Main Characteristics of Computer System
- What is supercomputer and its Uses
Input Devices of Computer System
Input Devices ::
The set of instructions or information is provided to the computer system or PC with the help of input devices such as (keyboard, mouse, scanners, etc). The Instruction or data presented to the computer system is converted into binary form then it is supplied to a computer system for further processing .
The Input Unit perform transferring the data from outside the world into the system and later this data is processed and the system produces instruction through output unit such as Printer, monitors, etc.
The Input devices enter the data from outside the world into the primary storage devices. The input devices are a means of communication with the outside world and our computer system.
- Input Devices accepts or receives the data or instruction from outside the world such as input devices like keyboard and mouse
- It converts the data or instruction or information into machine readable form for further processing.
- Later it supplies the decipherable information to PC for additionally handling
- They act like a connection between outside the world and our own computer system
- Keyboard and mouse are the prime examples of input devices.
- When the procedure is finished we get or receive desire result using output devices such as printer's and monitor's.
Also Read ::
- 20 Advantages of Internet in Points
- What is a Computer Virus
- What is Computer Hardware and Software
- Impact of Social Media on Students Life
- 10 Uses of Computer in Different Fields With Pictures
Output Devices of Computer Systems
Output Devices ::
Output devices of computer produce or generate results with the help of devices or gadgets such as a printer, monitor, etc primarily these instruction or data provided to a computer system is in binary code so to produce or generate the desired output the system has to convert this data into human-readable form, to do so it has to first present the data or instruction to a computer system for further processing or handling. With the help and assistance of output devices, the system is linked or connected with outside world.
For Example, The data or instruction such as Graphics, images or text is inserted in the computer system with the help of input devices as the data received from the input devices is in binary code, therefore, the data has to be primarily converted into human-readable form after processing user get the required or desired data or set of information.
The prime examples of Output devices are Printer, Monitor,Projectors etc
- The output devices receives all the data or instruction in binary code.
- The output devices converts the binary codes into human readable or intelligible form for better understanding and better functionality.
- They produces the changed or converted result to the user .which is effectively comprehensible by humans for proper and accurate understanding.
- They acts as a connection or link between outside world and computer system or our own PC framework.
- Printers, monitors and projector's are the prime examples of output devices.
Also Read ::
Infographic on Block Diagram of Computer System
Central Processing Unit (CPU) of Computer System
The Central Processing Unit is also called the brain or heart of a computer. The CPU is nothing but an electronic hardware device which carries or performs out all the operation such as arithmetic and logic operation. Below we have discussed briefly on arithmetic and logical operation..
The CPU in another term is also called as "PROCESSOR".Every instruction given through the input devices such as keyboard or mouse is carried further for processing and we user get our desired results through are output devices such as printers and monitors
The CPU is also responsible for controlling all the operations of the other units of the computer system. When we talk or discuss CPU we tend to speak about its speed as speed these days matters most due to high number of large software which requires fast processor for execution.
The different component of CPU is Arithmetic logical unit And Control Unit
The Control Unit or CU Controls or coordinates all activities performed in a computer system. It receives information or instruction or directions from the main memory of computer.It tells the logic unit, memory as well as the input and output devices how to handle the program or instruction in proper order.
When the control unit receives any set of information or instruction it converts them to control signals then these signals are sent to the central processor for further processing and finally, it understands which operation to execute, exactly or precisely and in which order.
Arithmetic and Logic Unit
- Arithmetic Unit (AU)
- Logic Unit (LU)
There are some processors now that have more than single AU [Arithmetic Unit]. ALU performs arithmetic and logical operation. When a set of instructions or programs is conveyed out. Control unit generally characterized which sort of operation to execute.
The arithmetic operation comprises (Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) and the logical unit carries out the operation such (AND, OR, Equal, less than, greater than), and later the control is changed to ALU and the result generated in .ALU later stored or puts away in transitory memory.
Also Read ::
- The Five Generations of Computer System
- A Brief History of Computers
- What is a Computer Virus and Its Different Types
- What is Operating System and Different Types
- Block Diagram of Computer System in Hindi
Storage Unit of Computer
The information or set of guidelines can be stored in the PC storage unit when information or direction is exhibited to the PC system utilizing Input devices.
To begin the procedure on information, Instructions given by input devices the information must be put away in memory, and later when the preparing is done the outcome produced is likewise put away in the computer system for additionally handling
This type of work and action is done by the storage unit. In another word, we can also describe the storage unit as the unit which gives space to store data or instruction of processed data, processed result.
- It stores information or instruction
- It stores Results
- It stores consequence of prepared data
Also Read ::
- Types of Pointing Devices in Computer
- What is Dos Operating System
- What is a Computer Password and its Different Types
- How to Reset BIOS Password
Storage Devices :: The term storage is defined as the devices which stores data given by the input devices or output devices after processing,the data is stored in computer system i.e Primary storage or secondary storage depends entirely on the size of data.
There are mainly two types of storage Unit
- Primary Storage
- Secondary Storage
Primary Storage::They are also called as Main memory or in other words as RAM (Random Access Memory).The Data or set of instruction is stored in primary storage before processing and later the data is transferred to ALU where further processing is done.
The primary Storage cannot store huge amount of data, and the data store in this memory is temporary (The data is lost when there is a power failure), it is also called as temporary memory, they are very expensive.
The other example of primary Storage is L1 Cache of Processor
The Secondary storage is also called a permanent storage unit as when the data store in this memory is stored permanently user can recall the data whenever they need. The data remains in this memory even when there is a power failure
or shutdown, they are much cheaper than primary memory.
The Example of Secondary Storage are Hard disk and Zip drives
In the above article we have discussed briefly on the Basic Block Diagram of Computer System. If you enjoyed reading the content don't forget to like and share with your friends and colleagues