What is a Computer System:: It is an electronic device which is designed to work with Information. The term computer is derived from the Latin term ‘computare’, this means to calculate or programmable machine. They cannot do anything without a Program. It represents the decimal numbers through a string of binary digits. The Word 'Computer' usually refers to the Center Processor Unit plus Internal memory.
In simple words it can be defined as an electronic device Which can store, retrieve and process data .It can also perform various Arithmetic and logical operation when given proper instructions..
Modern day PC can store huge amount of data and be retrieve anytime user needs. The data stored in them are beyond human abilities It is called as a electronic machine but I really think it’s more than just a device.
For all general purpose and computer functions it requires hardware. Hardware is nothing but the physical parts which is used in PC. Some of the common parts used is mentioned below.
It is called as the heart of computer commonly known as CPU which stands for (central processing unit).
RAM :: It is used to temporarily store data with immediate effect,Ram (Random Access Memory) has gone cheaper this days compared to previous years.
Computer Motherboard :: Motherboard (Main board) it is a piece of PCB (printed circuit board) where all the other components and devices are attached to it .Motherboard is an integral part of PC system, without it you cannot imagine to connect your hard drives drives,pen drives , power supply.
Power supply :: SMPS (Switching Mode Power Supply) its gives the necessary power to motherboard and later the power is distributed to all the parts of computer.
Input Devices :: Keyboard and mouse is the well known examples of input device.Through this users can easily enter data in the form of instruction or programs.
Output Device Printers are the widely used printing of any data which is entered using input devices such as keyboard and mouse.
Monitors :: They are used to display information given to them.
Also Read ::
- What is Computer Fundamentals
- Basic Block Diagram of Computer
- Characteristics of Computer System
- Classifications of Computers
- A Brief History of Computers
Father Of Computer | Charles Babbage
Charles Benjamin Babbage is known as "The Father of Computer”. Charles Babbage Invented the first mechanical computer then later led to more complex designs. The Invention of mechanical computer is one of the great invention of all time .
Charles Babbage (The Great) was born on 26 December 1791 London, England and Died 18 October 1871 Marylebone, London, England At that time he was 79 years old. He studied at Trinity College, Cambridge.
He was in the fields of Mathematics, engineering, political, economy, computer science, philosophy. But he is well known for his contribution in mathematics and computing. He is unarguably a “Genius” of his time. Charles Babbage is well-known for his detailed plans for mechanical Calculating Engines, Difference Engines, and Analytical Engines.
Also Read ::
- What is a Computer Virus
- Different Types of Motherboard
- Motherboard Form Factors
- What is Operating System and Its Different Types
- What is Dos Operating System
Different Types Of Computer System
They can be classified by their size ,speed ,and power. There are mainly four types of computer
Super computer :: It is the fastest of all. It can perform billion of instruction per second. They are mainly used in Research and development, weather forecasting, also used in space research.
Mini:: Mini computer can handle hundreds of computers simultaneously.
Micro:: A Powerful multiuser computer can handle thousand’s of user’s simultaneously.
Personal Computer:: A small computer which uses processor. It is a single user PC
Classifications Of Computer System
They are classified according to their size and powers. They are mainly classified in three different types
Analog Computer ::
They are used for measuring Physical quantities such as Temperature ,Voltage ,Pressure and Electric Current.
Digital Computer :: These are High speed programmable devices which are used in Huge and tedious calculations.
Hybrid computer :: These types of computer uses both features of Analog and digital computers. such as measuring physical quantities and Calculations.
Also Read ::
- How to Boot Computer Using USB Pendrive
- How to Create a Bootable USB Pen Drive
- What are Basic Dos Commands
- How to Make a Batch File
The Five Generations of Computer System
The time and the phase where technology has went to an different level or the period when the computer technology has been advanced then the previous days can be called as Computer Generations
They were used before only for some specific task but nowadays it has been reached to each and every part of human living .Thus the technology is ever changing for the betterment of human race.
The Generation can also be describe as the comparison of computer of different era based on size,power,cost,efficiency ,reliability ,Computer hardware and software
- First Generation ::(1940-1956) They used vacuum tubes in their circuit and magnetic drums for their memory.
- Second Generation :: (1956-1963) They used Transistor for their functionality in place of Vacuum tubes.
- Third Generation :: (1964-1971) The Third Generation’s of computer used Integrated Circuit (IC). Integrated circuit was developed by jack kilby in 1958.
- Fourth Generation :: (1971-Present Day) Fourth Generation used microprocessor.
- Fifth Generation :: (Future) Modern Scientist are working on AI (Artificial Intelligence).These computer will be so smart that they will have the capacity for reasoning and make decision on their own in special condition as the human being.
Also Read ::
- What is Computer Password
- How to Reset BIOS Password
- What are Computer Peripherals and Devices
- What is USB Pendrive
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Computer Systems
As all of us here known that the technology has been reached to different level, every day we come across new Up-gradations discoveries and invention in modern day technology. The society has been served amazingly by computer and its feature. As there are 2 sides of coins
so there are advantages and disadvantages of computers, here below I am going to mention some of them, people have the right to disagree with me but here I am going to share my personal opinion on the topic.
Top 7 Advantages Of Computer System::
- Speed And Accuracy
- Stores Large Amount of Data
- Easily connect with people around the world
- Online Shopping
- Significantly reduces time and effort
- Online learning
- Internet Banking
Top 7 Disadvantages Of Computer System::
- Health Related Issues When prolonged used
- Spread of Pornography
- Hate,voilence related articles and videos
- Virus and hacking issues
- They cannot learn by themselves
- Don’t have IQ
- Cyber Crimes
Also Read ::