If you are searching for uses of computer in different fields I guess you are in the right place below in I have discussed on the topic briefly.
The computer is considered one of the most important inventions of the human generation.
This era is also known as the computer era, which has eventually changed the living, behavior, and working style of human beings.
Charles Babbage is considered the father of modern computers. He invented his first computational device /machine and named it the “Differential Engine”.
Later he also invented a machine with automatic computing mechanisms and called it an “Analytical Engine”.
The computer is an electronic computational device that uses electricity to start.
The Personal computer can perform multiple tasks at a single time henceforth, they are also called “Multitasking Devices”.
The invention of the computer is an excellent gift to human beings.
Modern computer stores data, process, and executes data on users’ request and demands.
Modern PC [Personal Computer] works with incredible speed and almost 100% accuracy.
The cost of these devices is cheaper nowadays, and hence it has reached almost every individual.
They have become very popular among people because of their affordable cost and low maintenance. PCs are used in the home and professional use, changing the game upside down.
Modern Computer consists of mainly two parts which are mentioned below.
Software:: Computer Software is nothing but a piece of code or set of instructions that a computer programmer or software developer writes to perform certain tasks or operations with incredible speed and also with 100% accuracy.
There are two types of software
- Application Software.
- System Software.
This software was used to make the complex task simpler earlier, maintaining the data was a very tedious and time-consuming job, but as soon as computers and their application software evolved, the job took less amount of time and was error-free.
Application software is designed and developed by software engineers to perform specific tasks and operations to obtain the desired output.
Application software is used by end-users to perform actions like save, edit, update, and remove.
Examples of application software are:: ms word, excel, etc.
This software is used as a back end-entity and performs tasks and operations in the background.
They are developed in low-level languages by the software developer or software engineer, which can easily communicate with the computer in the form of binary, which exactly means 0s and 1s.
System Software can communicate with hardware devices to perform certain tasks and operations
Examples of System Software are:: operating system, device drivers, disk utilities, etc.
- What is Block Diagram of Computer System
- What are the Main Characteristics of Computer
- Classifications of Computer
- The Five Generations of Computer
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
- 10 Limitations of Computer System
- 10 Uses of Multimedia in Various Fields
- Types of Secondary Memory in Computer
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Fifth Generations of Computer
- Characteristics of Fourth Generations of Computer
- What is Versatility In Computer Systems
- Essential Attributes of Good Software
- 5 Functions of Control Unit in Computer System
- What is Accuracy in Computer
- How Do Computers Works at the Most Basic Level
- Top 10+ Uses of Computers in Banking Sectors
- What is Napier Bones in Computer System
10 Uses of Computer in Different Fields
- Uses of Computer in Education
- Uses of Computer in Technology
- Uses of Computer in Business
- Uses of Computer in Medical Fields
- Uses of Computer in Home
- Uses of Computer in Hospitals
- Uses of Computer in Government Offices
- Uses of Computer in Defense and Environment
- Uses of Computer in Banking
- Uses of Computer in Sports
Learn Uses of Computer Using Image
Uses of Computer in Education Field in Points
The modern computer has changed the traditional way of the education system.
Now new technology has evolved and been used in abandoned by various educational institutions to educate and teach students in more powerful and creative ways.
Teachers, lecturers, and instructors are keener on absorbing and implementing these modern techniques to educate their students.
Nowadays, instructors are using techniques like videos, PDF, images, and other animation software to try and explain complicated subjects in a more animated manner where the student can grasp more tedious and complicated topics easily with minimum efforts
A new tradition has been found where teachers teach online using online software like Zoom, where one can create classrooms and explain every topic using voice, graphics, and animations online.
Using these techniques, students can learn at their own convenience using their free time at home using a computer and internet connection.
There is so much knowledge on the online platform where one can learn and acquire different skills for personal and professional growth.
I learned several programming languages like PHP, MYSQL, Digital Marketing, etc., using free websites and video sites like YouTube, daily motion, Newsletter, PDF, PPT, blogs, and websites.
Apart from free, there are paid platforms where one can learn specific skills and knowledge while spending some money to these instructors, which helps us to gain some skills and knowledge.
Udemy is one of the largest and most famous online platforms where students can get any desired course that suits their needs while paying some amount mentioned by the owner.
- You can acquire any information while browsing the internet, which can help our small kids, students, and professionals.
- You can also store your study material in PDF, PPT, Doc, and Videos on the computer for further reference. Using the modern computer, you can use some applications software to write content, articles like MS-word, etc.
- You can use a computer with an internet connection to receive, send, and share information and knowledge with one another.
- Students or users can also create PPT or Animation for presentation purposes.
- Learn Brief History of Computer
- What are Input Devices of Computer
- Different Types of Computer
- Basic Structure of Computer
- Importance of Teachers in Students Life
- What is Booting in Computer | Types of Booting in Computer
- Learn Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Uses of Computer in Business Sector
The use of computers has dramatically increased in the business sector because computers have made the life of a business person easier as they can store valuable information, data, and instruction almost permanently without any errors, and can the data can be retrieved anytime, anywhere when the user demands.
At the present time you can manage your business almost from anywhere just using a computer, laptop, or mobile phone with an internet connection while conveying instructions and order over the internet to your fellow members of the organization.
Almost every business on the planet can be conducted and organized with the help of a modern-day computer with an internet connection.
Following are some of the points I will share with you about where computers can be used in business.
- The computer can be a tool to communicate with those far away. It can be done with the help of mailing software like Gmail, rediffmail, etc., or you can access video calls which will be more comfortable for better and clearer conversation.
- Modern-day computers are pretty good at handling text documents, PPT presentations, PDFs, Images, Graphs, and Videos for presentations.
- Computers like smartphones can carry out financial transactions using apps and software, which helps in depositing and transferring funds from one bank to another, which may be in different cities or, for that matter, in other countries.
- A business person can have an online meeting with more than one person where he can address his employee or employees for future business policies or changes in undergoing terms and conditions, and he can also regulate certain new norms and let everybody know the latest news and orders in one go.
- The computer can store sensitive and secret documents in the hard drive almost permanently without damage. One can be at peace and forget the fear of losing these documents, which are very important to one’s business.
- Modern PC can be very handy in a small office or large organization where several data can be transferred from one location to another, whereas before, it used to take a lot of paper to carry out small information transfers.
- Business owners can use payroll software for gathering information about their employees which can be stored in a computer
- Use of online platforms to access new market trends and positions of their stocks.
- Creating and Maintaining Bills for clients and customers.
- Maintaining a ledger account of every customer.
Uses of Computer in Home and Daily Life
The uses of computers and modern devices have increased dramatically as they are very simple to use, and the benefits of their use are incredible.
Using a computer and modern gadgets like smartphones, iPods, laptops, and computers are common these days.
Let me tell you some stats number of people using the internet over a while has increased shockingly.
In 2017, the number of people using the internet was 437.5 million, but in 2020 it has a record jump of approx. 564.5 is genuinely unique.
- Housewives can make budgets of household expenditures which would be very helpful for further calculations and maintenance.
- Small Kids or school-going students can prepare their school assignments on the computer using unique and attractive free and paid software, enhancing their creative skills to perform better academically.
- Professionals can use PowerPoint software to prepare business presentations on computers, laptops, or smartphones.
- Engineering students or students or professionals can learn some programming language with the help of a computer with an internet connection using free and paid platforms.
- The modern computer is multitasking which means one can perform multi-task at a single moment; for example, on one tab, you are browsing the internet while on another hand, you are downloading some kinds of stuff with interruptions.
- These modern devices can play music, watch movies, and download pieces of stuff from your devices.
- People are addicted to social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. which can be accessed using a smartphone which is considered another form of a small modern-day yet very powerful device.
- Many MNCs have allowed their employees to work from home. These are new and interactive and promising steps happening in the IT [Information Technology] sector.
- As modern technology advances at an incredible pace, online transactions are more common these days. Where people are paying their bills just like mobile, telephone, electricity, internet, rent, taxes almost every kind of stuff online where some platforms are offering huge discounts and cash backs like PayTm, Google pay, etc.
Five Uses of Computer in Hospitals
For modern hospitals, computers are like a blessing from God; almost every hospital these days have computers with internet and networking installed so that it can access all the information very smoothly without any hassles.
Computers in hospitals are as essential as for other businesses.
These modern gadgets and the application software have made the life of the doctors and staff very easy and hence they can now very relax while the computer is beside them working on their behalf.
This era is also called the computer era, where the computer plays an essential role in the medical industry, which helps in regulating the administrative as well as extra functionality of hospitals.
The following are some common places in hospitals where computers are used more frequently.
- Patience Billing
- Settling health insurance
- The Internet is helping many doctors with up-to-date information WHO [World Health Organization] provides.
- Maintaining stock records which are very important to have a clearer picture of necessary equipment.
- Helps in maintaining the record of external doctors and physicians.
- Doctors Chamber
- Medical Stores | Pharmacy
- Investigation Room.
In modern hospitals, computers are used with help of management software which allows users (administrators) to track the patient history and complete records.
This software tracks every visit of a patient who is taking some kind of treatment from the hospital.
This kind of application software track the following
- Complete inventory
- Time Table chart of employee | staff
- Doctors time table
- Guest doctors who are called upon personal request.
- Operations routine
- A complete record of every patient
- Complete and customized report.
- Patient medical history
- Next appointment date
You May Also Like
- What is a Computer Virus
- What is Computer Hardware and Software
- What is a Computer Memory
- Explain What is a Computer
- What is a CPU [Microprocessor] in Computer
Useful Video On : Applications & Computer Uses
Uses of Computer in Government Offices
In the last few decades, the majority of countries have implemented the use of modern computers into their government sectors on a vast scale.
After the computer’s involvement in the public sector, work speed, efficiency, and works accuracy increased dramatically.
As computers can store huge amounts of data, the storage problem in the government sector has been resolved significantly as before, every organization used to depend hugely on paper, and it was very tedious work to maintain such papers, which can be damaged easily or can be misplaced.
Thanks to this modern machine, that has reduced the massive burden of government servants.
Now, these workers can work freely without the headache of maintaining and storing the data effectively.
Each government office uses a computer for different purposes, as traffic police use the computer for their own requirement, and insurance company uses computers for storing massive amount of data in their systems.
Imagine India has a population of over 1.3 Billion people almost 80% have received their Aadhaar card, which is stored in a centralized system quite staggering.
Almost every government sector uses these machines in their office to reduce human load.
- Computers are used in government offices to send and receive mail for faster communications and to track the record of communications.
- A computer with an internet connection can send text, documents, images, and graphics.
- The computer is used in networking frames in small and large offices where one computer is connected to another and is used to send data within the network, allowing the work to flow faster than before.
- In the government office, mainly work is done on spreadsheets, documents, and text which this machine works with great speed. The printout can be obtained using this machine as it is connected to modern printers.
- These Personal computers are also available for mathematical and financial calculations to avoid human errors.
- Government officers now are held responsible if a mentioned work| Job is not submitted on time as hard drive stores every information of the status of work provided to the official and hence the overall system has changed due to these incredible devices.
- Even in some office memos, leave applications and termination of services are done via email.
Uses of Computer in Banking Sectors
These computers can perform billions and billions of instruction per second.
The main advantages of these computers are they can be easily connected to another computer in the form of a network.
Examples of Some mainframe computer are
- IBM Z890
- Hitachi’s Z800
- Every bank you see these days are computerized.
- Computers are used in banks for almost every task performed in the banking sector.
- Passbooks are updated using printers that are connected to a personal computer in a network that is centralized .for example, and you can update your passbook from any part of your country. This happens just because the computer is connected to the server, which holds the data and instructions of every account holder.
- ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) is another form of a computer where you can withdraw and deposit cash. In the majority of ATMs, you can update passbooks as well as get mini statements.
- Biometric Scanners are used to detect the thumb impressions of the employees working in a specific organization. They can save the presentation of the employees with the exact time of arrival and departure. This helps the owner of the organization to detect and find out the complete report so that he or she can deduct the salary or give a raise in salary after looking at the reports.
- The computer has made life of transactions very easy for each deposit or withdrawal, and the account holder does not have to visit a bank. They can access the bank’s online portal to purchase goods or hire services online. Many online portals are available so the account holder can access this application for their needs.
- Paytm, Google Pay, BHIM UPI, etc.
- Online Transactions (digital transactions) has made possible because of these highly powerful and secure machines.
Uses of Computer in Sports and Games
As soon as computer use was involved in sports and games, the performance and the output of the result has been incredibly great.
The chance of getting improper or inaccurate decisions is getting lesser daily.
The use of computers in cricket helped immensely for the players and umpires, as everyone knows that even a slight mistake or wrong decision in any sport can change the entire course of the game, and a specific bad decision can get you on the losing side.
This becomes really frustrating for players or for those matters spectators who consider sports as their religion.
The introduction of computers and impacted sports to an extensive following are some of the benefits and uses.
- The Player’s record can be stored permanently and can be retrieved anytime anywhere.
- With the help of modern-day computers, the decision is pinpointed and almost 100% accurate.
- The modern computer helps to record a complete match and can be re-telecast at any time.
- These clips help players to overcome their mistakes even with umpires and support staff.
- Using broadcasting software, the complete game goes live on the television
- Even watching live games, viewers can view every camera angle with crystal clear quality and even with slow motions
Uses of Computer in Defense and Various Environmental Studies
The computer is considered one of the greatest inventions of human beings.
The computer has made the life of human beings considerably smoother.
- PARAM 10000, which was developed in India by C-DAC, Pune
- IBM Deep Blue, which was specially designed for playing chess
- Tianhe-2, which was developed in China.
- The computer can store data and analyze the history of games and specific players.
- Most of the information related to games and sports is available on the Internet.
- Training of players is done with the help of players, which in fact, enhances their performance while playing competitive games.
- The computer also helps develop sports equipment and blueprints of forthcoming products, which will be helpful in the future.
- Computers are also used in analyzing games in a different manner where one can access their positive and negative points and later can work on them to derive more profitable results.
- The computer can also play an essential role in maintaining the diet and nutrition of players, where all customized diet charts can be allocated to a specific player on specific demands.
Uses of Computer in Technology
Computer technology has gone to a different level. Every section of society uses this modern machine to enhance the productivity and quality of products.
When these highly improved machines are used in farming, it makes a lot of difference in the quality and product range. Computer technology has changed the way of agriculture.
- Improves cost efficiency.
- This improves the style of farming, and hence these new modern techniques enhance the quality of crops they produce on their farms.
- Using computer technology, farmers can predict the atmosphere and weather to decide precisely what should be the next move.
- Using Computers, they can purchase fertilizers and pesticides for the crop at a cheaper price.
- Using a Computer with the internet, farmers can sell and purchase their goods online.
Uses of Computers in Different Fields PDF Download
10 Uses of Computers in Daily Life
Modern computers are used and utilized daily in our routine life due to their significant features and characteristics.
Key Uses of Computers in Daily Life are Mentioned Below.
|3||Work & Productivity.|
|7||Shopping and E-Commerce.|
|9||Health and Fitness.|
7 Uses of Computer for kids
- Education and Learning.
- Information Gathering.
- Enhanced Creativity.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking.
- Digital Literacy.
- Language Learning.
- Coding and Programming.
Name 10 Places Where Computer are Used?
- Schools and Educational Institutions.
- Hospitals and Healthcare Institutes.
- Banks and Financial Institutions.
- Retail Stores and Malls.
- Railways Stations and Airports.
- Manufacturing and Industrial Facilities.
7 Uses of Computers in Our Day to Day Life?
|2||Information Access and Research.|
|6||Creative Pursuits and Hobbies|
Different Types of Computer Systems
- Super Computer.
- Mini Computer.
- Micro Computer.
- Mainframe Computer.
Advantages of Computer
|#||Advantages of Computers|
|3||Stores Huge Amount of Data|
|5||Online Education | Distance Learning|
|7||Forecasting Weather, Predicting Earthquakes, and Volcano Eruptions|
Disadvantages of Computer
|#||Disadvantages of Computers|
|2||Spread of Pornography|
|3||Virus and Hacking Attacks|
|4||Computer Can Not Take Their Own Decision and NO IQ|
|5||Data and Information violation|
|6||Negative Effect on the Environment|
|8||The computer Can Not Work on Itself|
|9||Spread of Violence and Hatred|
|10||Online Cyber Crimes|
What are the 7 Categories of Computers?
- Super Computer.
What are Computers 4 Functions?
Top 5 Computer Brands
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] On Computer Uses
What are the Five Advantages of a Computer?
The five advantages of computers are mentioned below
Online Education | Distance Learning
Forecasting Weather and Predicting Earthquakes, Volcano Eruptions
What are the Five Disadvantages of Computers?
The Following are the Computer disadvantages.
Spread of Pornography
Virus and Hacking Attacks
Negative Effect on the Environment
Spread of Violence and Hatred
Online Cyber Crimes
Data and Information violation
What are the Features of a Computer?
The main reason behind computer success is its most impressive and reliable features.
What are the Benefits of a Computer?
Modern-day computers are used in below mentioned sector successfully.
Internet Essay in Points
Advantages of the Internet for Youth
Internet over Newspaper
5 Uses of Computer
Uses of Computers in Education
Uses of Computers in Technology
Uses of Computers in Business
Uses of Computers in Medical Fields
Uses of Computers in Hospitals
Uses of Computers in Banking
Three examples of technology that use daily?
2. Mobile Phones.
3. Refrigeration, Washing Machines.
3 Main Types of Computer?
1. Analog computers.
2. Digital computers.
3. Hybrid computers.
Get In Touch
In the above article, I have tried to explain 10 uses of computers in various fields.
As computer use is increasing daily, we cannot be sure that only these sectors will use a computer.
According to a survey in 2030, almost 95% of businesses will use computers to help them in growing business and helping the service sector for improving their services.
I believe that you may have liked the article; please feel free to contact me for feedback, and don’t forget to like, comment and share.
Thank You !!!