Full form of OMR in computers is Optical Mark Recognition or Optical Mark Reader
The OMR [Optical Mark Reader] is an input device of a computer system that is generally used in the examination for solving multiple-choice questions.
The OMR converts these solved questions into machine-readable form.
Let try to dig into the topic more briefly.
Full form of OMR in Computer System | OMR Full Form
OMR full form in computer is Optical Mark Recognition.
What is OMR in Computer
The OMR was invented by Michael Sokalski an Engineer from America.
Generally, examinations are held in the format of MCQs [multiple choice questions] which can be done with the help of an OMR sheet.
In these OMR sheets, the correct answers are colored in black who represents that you have attempted the question.
These OMR sheets are a type of scanner which are designed and developed so that it can recognize the signs, marks, and colors performed on them.
These OMR sheets are scanned with OMR [Optical Mark Reader]. These data present on the OMR sheet are scanned with the help of laser light.
The black circle reflects more lasers light than the circle which is of no colors.
In this fashion, the machine and device can confirm which option is selected in the OMR sheet.
These OMR devices have incredible speed that can check 500 to 700 answer sheets per minute.
Applications of OMR
The OMR is used in different sections some of which I am mentioning below.
- Admission Forms
- Survey Forms
- Inquiry Form
- Loan Form
- Feedback forms
- Subscription Forms
- Terms and Conditions forms
- Product Evaluations
- Data Compilations
Advantages of OMR [Optical Mark Recognition]
There are certain advantages and benefits of OMR. Let’s try to understand them.
- They are time efficient and can check up to 10,000 to 20,000 sheets per hour depending upon certain conditions.
- They work with almost 100% accuracy.
- They are well equipped and capable for collecting the data and information mentioned on the OMR sheet.
- The chances of error get minimum when working with OMR.
- They work super fine with the multiple choice questions.
- OMR can read any signs and marks mentioned on the sheets i.e. (computer or handmade)
- They are very cost effective when large volumes of sheet are to be scanned.
- They are very easy to install and use.
- The data stored after evaluation can be transferred or copied from one location to another easily.
Disadvantages of OMR
There are some disadvantages of OMR let’s try to find them.
- While filling the OMR sheet you need to be extra careful.
- If incorrect or wrong option is selected it cannot be undone.
- The biggest disadvantages of OMR sheet are they can be only worked and used with multiple choice questions.
- If the input given to the OMR sheet is incorrect or inaccurate the output will be incorrect or inaccurate.
- In Multiple choice questions you cannot choose multiple answers.
- Large data or text or result cannot be obtained.
- OMR is bit slow compared to its counterparts.
- In any condition if there is a slight damage in OMR sheet it gets unreadable. Therefore user must be extra cautious while working on it.
- The input must be very precise to get scanned.
- They can work preferable on the signs and marks but less on text format.
- Full Form of Virus
- Full Form of PDF in Computer
- Full Form of HREF in Computer
- Full Form of HDMI in Computer
- Full Form of PAN in Computer
- Full Form of CU in Computer
- Full Form of PDA in Computer
- Full Form of API in Computer
- Full Form of DSL in Computer
- Full Form of TFT in Computer
- Full Form of FORTRAN in Computer
- Full Form of ALU in Computer
- Full Form of USB in Computer
- What is the Full Form of GIGO
- What is the Full Form of SCSI
- Full Forms
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Get In Touch
I have also written and compiled some articles on computers and telecommunications please go through them.
I hope you will like reading it.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to what is the full form of OMR in computer systems and OMR full form have been answered here.
If you have any questions related to what is OMR.
Please feel to contact me and also if you need to add or remove something from the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to have chat with me in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on the related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!