Full Form of CU in Computer is Control Unit.
Control Unit or CU controls all activities and operations performed in the computer system. The CU receives all instructions from the main memory of the computer.
It is primarily responsible for the operations and tasks performed on the computer. CU notifies logic unit, memory, input, and output devices on how to handle the instruction given to them in proper order.
Let us dig into the topic more briefly.
Full Form of CU in Computer System | CU Full Form
CU full form in computer is Control Unit
What is Control Unit [CU]
The Control Unit of the computer is responsible to convert all the instructions and information given to them into control signals.
Later these signals are forwarded to the central processor for further processing after performing a certain task it understands exactly which operation to be performed and in which order.
Control Unit does not perform any processing but it coordinates and cooperates in the entire process. The process is performed by the ALU Arithmetic Logic Unit of the Computer.
Functions of Control Unit of Computer System
There are several functions of CONTROL UNIT below I have mentioned some of them.
- The Control Unit [CU] is responsible for handling, controlling and co-coordinating all the activities in the computer system
- Control Unit also notifies logic unit, memory, input, output on what operation to perform and in which order.
- It acts as the communication bridge between ALU and main memory.
- It also directs the operations of the processor [CPU] Central Processing Unit.
- CU briefs the input devices on which data and information to be read and later decide where in memory the data can be stored i.e. location and address.
- Control unit Plays and important role in the booting process of computer system.
- Control unit controls and co-ordinates between input and output devices of computer system
- Control Unit receives instructions from micro programs and later decodes them.
- Control Unit passes the sequence of the control signals to computer processor.
- CU is responsible for the execution of correct instruction in proper sequential order to the processors sub units.
- In the process of processing control unit let CPU knows from which location data and information is to be received.
What is CPU – Central Processing Unit?
The Central Processing Unit CPU is called as brain and heart of a computer system
The CPU is a hardware device that performs operations like arithmetic and logical operations.
Every instruction and task is given through the input devices of a computer such as a keyboard or a mouse is carried further for processing and we receive our desired results through the output devices of a computer such as printers and monitors
The CPU is also responsible for controlling all the operations from the different units of the computer system.
The CPUs processing power has increased dramatically over a decade. Modern CPU can perform trillions of instructions per second at an unbelievable speed.
The different component of CPU is Arithmetic logical unit And Control Unit.
The CPU in another term is also called “PROCESSOR”.
CPU understands all the signals and interpretations between hardware and software and helps in converting these instructions into machine-readable form.
After processing final output is presented to the output devices of the computer in human-readable form.
CPU is a hardware device that is installed in Computers, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, etc.
What is Arithmetic and Logic Unit of Computer System?
ALU stands for Arithmetic Logic Unit. ALU is responsible for performing arithmetic and logical operation at high speed and with almost 100% accuracy.
LU stands for the logic unit.
- less than
- greater than
- Full Form of Virus
- Full Form of PDF in Computer
- Full Form of HREF in Computer
- Full Form of HDMI in Computer
- Full Form of PAN in Computer
- Full Form of OMR in Computer
- Full Form of PDA in Computer
- Full Form of API in Computer
- Full Form of DSL in Computer
- Full Form of TFT in Computer
- Full Form of FORTRAN in Computer
- Full Form of ALU in Computer
- Full Form of CRT Monitor in Computer
- Full Form of USB in Computer
- What is the Full Form of GIGO
- What is the Full Form of SCSI
- Full Forms
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Get In Touch
I have also written and compiled some articles on computers and telecommunications please go through them.
I hope you will like reading it.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to what is the full form of CU in computer Systems and CU full form have been answered here.
If you have any questions related to what is CU in Computer systems.
Please feel to contact me and if you need to add, remove or update the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to have chat with me in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on the related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!