In this article, we are going to learn the 6 advantages and disadvantages of WIfi & wireless network with benefits & drawbacks of Wifi, also we will learn the pros and cons of using Wi-Fi.
The use of the internet is a must in these modern days, the internet has become a necessary tool to perform the entire daily task with ease and without devoting much time.
The use of the internet has made life more peaceful than ever before.
We can witness the internet starting from schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, government organizations, small and big businesses, etc. they are found everywhere.
Because of their benefits and advantages, their use has made remarkable growth in the past few years.
Not only the internet with LAN [Local Area Network] connection but Wireless connection Wi-Fi has shown incredible usage.
So, without wasting time.
Let’s start exploring the topic in detail.
What is WIfi and Wifi Networks?
The Wi-Fi is also mentioned by WiFi, wifi, wi-fi. Many users today think the full form of WIFi is wireless fidelity but this is not the case.
The name was created by a marketing agency and they were looking for a more user-friendly name for WIFi.
Vic Hayes is called the "father of Wi-Fi" he chaired the IEEE committee that created the 802.11 standards in the year 1997.
Wi-Fi is a technique of establishing a connection in a computer network with the use of radio waves instead of using cables and wires.
The Wi-Fi connection has gained more popularity in the last few years and easily replaced old LAN networks. These networks are known as “Wireless Networks” or “WiFi Networks” or Wireless Local Area Network [WLAN] which is commonly used for internet connections.
Wi-Fi or wireless network is a wireless networking technology that is used to connect computers, laptops, smartphones, etc. to each other without using wires and cables.
To use these WiFi networks user needs a router, hub, or wireless LAN which all are electronic devices and used for establishing a wireless network to connect to broadband internet.
The wireless devices use radio waves to establish a network connection this connection has a range which is called as “Network Range” if the devices like laptops, computers, or smartphones fall into the range the devices get connected, or else they are not.
The wireless routers normally have 2.4 GHz of the band and a coverage range of 150 feet indoor and 300 feet outdoor.
The benefits & advantages of wireless networks have made them highly used internet networks.
Also Read ::
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microcontroller
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Magnetic Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microprocessor
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CRT Monitors
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CCTV Cameras
- Applications of SMPS in Power Supply
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Satellite Communications
- Advantages and Disadvantages of USB Flash Drives
Advantages and Disadvantages of WiFi or Wireless Networks
We are going to discuss 6 advantages and disadvantages of WIFi in points with the help of an image.
6 Advantages of Wifi | Benefits of WiFI
Below I have discussed the benefits and advantages of Wifi in points.
- The cost of the wifi networks are considerably less when compared to previous LAN connection which used wires and cables those were highly expensive and needed lots of maintenance. The cables and wires used to get damaged easily therefore users have shifted to wifi connection because of their benefits and advantages.
- The installation of these wireless networks are quite simple and users does not require any professional guidance as all the steps and method to install these devices are mentioned in the manual as well as the tutorials needed to install them are available on YouTube, blogs and websites.
- The networks are built in the form of access points therefore adding or removing any users is quite simple.
- While installing WIFI network devices the installation prompts us to add a strong password for networks so that your networks become highly protected against hacker, malwares and unauthorized users. This password is needed for other devices to connect to the network.
- The connectivity range for modern WIFI routers is around 150 feet indoors and 300 feet outdoors which is quite astonishing.
- The speed of internet is increasing day by day because the requirement of users has increased dramatically. The data is accessed around 3000 MBPS [Mega Bytes Per Second].
- The wireless networks helped mobile devices, laptops, notepad, and computer with WLAN to connect the network easily.
- The wireless is very affordable as the cost is cheaper compared to old networks.
- The Wifi Networks allows multiple users to connect to the networks the number of users which can connect to internet depends upon the router’s manufacturer.
- Depending upon the requirement the routers capacity and coverage can be changed and updated.
- Wifi gives us mobility as we don’t have to stick in one place for connectivity before LAN connection which often used to get disconnected.
- To avoid unauthorized access we can configure the mac address of the devices into our router configuration section.
- In wireless networks speed is balanced perfectly to all connection on networks.
- The routers can also track the number of users connected to the networks and owner can allow and disallow connections in the network which is considered as the advantage of wifi network.
- The speed of WIFI depends upon the ISP [Internet Service Provider] and internet package you have purchased.
6 Disadvantages of Wifi | Drawbacks of WIfi
Here we are going to discuss the drawbacks and disadvantages of wifi in points
- There is a limitations and restriction on the number of devices that can access the internet via “WIFI Network” and therefore it is considered as the major drawback & disadvantage of using wifi.
- The wireless connections are vulnerable against malwares, phishing attacks, and hackers.
- The speed of internet gets decreased when number of devices is connected to the wireless networks.
- The coverage range of the wifi connectivity is limited and hence connectivity issues can be found when the devices are not in the range of devices/
- As this network device doesn’t have errors but if any errors occurs the troubleshooting gets tedious, therefore help of network professional is highly advised.
- Before using wifi networks the device has to be configured properly to avoid further complications.
- The signal strength can get weak when there a poor connection is found.
- Bandwidth gets weaker when numbers of devices are connected to network which results in slower speed of internet.
- There are mixed views on effects of wifi on human health but some studies shows It causes oxidative stress by increasing the production of free radicals.
- Increased oxidative stress which is primarily responsible for oxidative damages to cellular macromolecules, like proteins, lipids profiles, and DNA.
- It has also observed that Wi-Fi affect sperm count, lower testosterone levels and DNA damages also found.
Famous WIFI Devices Manufacturing Companies
- I Ball.
- Juniper Networks.
Also Read ::
- Advantages and Disadvantages of UPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hard Disk Drives
- Top 20 Advantages of Internet in Points
- Advantages and Disadvanatges of Floppy Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Plasma Display
- Differences between HTTP and SMTP
- Advantages and Disadvantages of HTTPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SSL
- Learn Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Wifi Disadvantages of Health?
- There are mixed views on the effects of wifi on human health but some studies show It causes oxidative stress by increasing the production of free radicals.
- Increased oxidative stress is primarily responsible for oxidative damages to cellular macromolecules, like proteins, lipids profiles, and DNA.
- It has also been observed that Wi-Fi affects sperm count, lower testosterone levels and DNA damages also found.
Disadvantages of wifi for Students?
- Health Issues
- Online Cyber Crime
- The spread of Violence and Hatred
- Spread of Pornography
- Virus and Hacking Issues.
- Internet and social media
- Internet addiction
- Internet and mobile phones
- Internet-based applications
- Internet dating
- Internet in daily life
- Internet games
- Internet shopping
- Internet on youth
20 Advantages of Internet in Points
- Internet Essay in Points
- Job Searching
- Social Media
- Advantages of internet for youth
- Internet over Newspaper
- Online Voting
- Online Marketing
- Internet Security
Get In Touch
Many routers and wifi device manufacturing companies are working to update and enhance their products therefore the technology which we are using today will be easily replaced by new innovations in technology.
Till then enjoy reading my other article which I have written and compiled on computers.
The points which I have made here will be more frequently updated as soon as I come across more news and updates.
I have also written some article on computer and telecommunication hope you like them.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to the 6 advantages and disadvantages of WIFi had been answered here with the pros and cons of using WIFI networks..
If you have any questions related to the drawbacks and benefits of wifi.
Please feel to contact me and also if you need to add or remove something from the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to have chat with me in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on the related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!