In the modern world, we are blessed that all of us are surrounded by wonderful discoveries and inventions.
Especially in the field of electronics and telecommunications one of such is CCTV cameras and security.
The technology has two sides of coins therefore in this article we are going to learn about both the aspects like advantages and disadvantages of CCTV cameras and the pros and cons of CTTV cameras.
As these days demand security because of the increase in violence and illegal stuff happening around we are bound to feel insecure towards our family, friends, and loved ones.
Therefore the need and demand to install security cameras (CCTV) cameras has increased dramatically and that’s very good people are thinking of their security as one of the important aspects of their life.
What is CCTV Camera?
The CCTV camera's full form is a Closed-circuit television camera. The CCTV camera was invented by Walter Bruch. The main purpose of a CCTV camera is to capture light and convert it into a video signal.
The CCTV uses a CCD sensor which helps to convert the light signals into electrical signals which later is converted to a video signal that can be stored into a hard disk or any other storing medium.
CCTV camera helps in storing pictures and videos is considered as the major benefit of CCTV camera.
This camera can be digital or analog that indicates that it can work with analog and digital signals and can easily connect itself with laptops, desktops, and smartphones for further usability.
Some people also call this camera as video surveillance with the help of these devices we can monitor all activities near our office and home.
These devices also offer us to even save pictures and videos which can also be stored in a safe place for further monitoring.
Also Read ::
- What is Block Diagram of Computer System
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Magnetic Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microprocessor
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CRT Monitors
- Advantages and Disadvantages of HTTPS
10 Advantages and Disadvantages of CCTV Cameras With Picture
10 Advantages of CCTV Cameras
These CCTV cameras are used extensively because of their benefits some of the advantages of CCTV cameras I would like to mention below. Have a look.
- CCTV cameras are really very cheap and very affordable these days for our pockets. When we are seriously thinking security of our family, and love ones.
- Modern technology has evolved so much that now we can connect the CCTV camera with our smart phones and use anywhere with our comfort.
- CCTV Camera enables us to monitor and track all activities around our premises.
- We can also store all the pictures and videos to our laptop, desktop or our smart phones for further access.
- The CCTV cameras are readily available in the market with lots and lots of varieties include shape, sizes and colors with good specifications.
- There are different types of CTV camera available in the market which you can have a look before purchasing.
- Indoor/outdoor cameras
- Day/Night Cameras
- Bullet Camera
- Dom Camera
- Infrared Camera
- IP Camera
- Varifocal Cameras
- Wireless Cameras
7. Many recent surveys have confirmed many thieves and people with illegal intentions easily get away due to lack of evidence but it has been seen that the use of CCTV not only protects us but plays an important role in sending this kind of people behind the bars.
It is one of the benefits of CCTV cameras at home. The installations of these cameras at home make us peaceful and can work outside without over caring for our home and people.
People with illegal mentality will think thrice before entering such houses as they will get fear of getting caught.
And according to me, a CCTV camera will be very important in the coming days for the security of our houses.
8. For the security of our people the government has installed CCTV cameras in public places which have reduced criminal activities by more than 60%.
Now people can enjoy freely as the fear of something will be minimized.
Therefore advantages of CCTV cameras in public places can be seen in metro Politian cities, but they should be installed at a rapid pace around the cities where criminal minds are found very often.
9. The Advantages of CCTV in criminal investigations have been blessings the evidence which is obtained by these devices is not challengeable and the guilty often gets punishment which they deserve.
And hence many investigation agencies rely upon these sources for development in crime investigations which help them enormously and make their life easy and peaceful while working.
10. The CCTV cameras are silky and small in size therefore they are quite easy to install.
11. The major disadvantage of CCTV cameras is they can restrict the anti-social elements within our society.
12. CCTV cameras are very helpful in identifying unauthorized visitors in society, schools, colleges, and universities.
10 Disadvantages of CCTV Cameras
No doubt CCTV cameras are a blessing to our society but there are some disadvantages of CCTV cameras which are observed for some time.
Some of the disadvantages are as follows.
- The CCTV cameras are silky and small in size and hence can be broken easily.
- Some CCTV with advanced features and improved technology are very expensive and cannot be purchase as it puts a lot of burden on our pockets.
- The CCTV camera is also used to spy on people. This can lead into theft of personal information with sensitive data and also many people around do not like that someone are interfering in their privacy.
- These CCTV cameras are connected with computers, laptops or smart phones therefore they are vulnerable.
- Large size of storage medium is required to store videos, images, etc. These storage are quiet expensive.
- We also need to take regular backup to avoid any complications.
- This system can be easily manipulates and compromised by the hackers and when our sensitive and personal data/information is in the hands of such people they can misuse the information to their benefits.
- These cameras are very expensive in up gradation.
- Restriction of use as they cannot be installed in the places like restrooms and changing rooms without the prior permission.
- It is a criminal offence if done so.
Also Read ::
- Top 10 Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer
- Main Characteristics of Computer System
- Differences Between HTTP and SMTP
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hard Disk Drives
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CDs and DVDs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Wifi
One of the major limitations and disadvantages of CCTV cameras is that they cannot cover long distances even if you have installed a highly upgraded version.
The Video Quality is not up to the mark hence sometimes we get blurry images and videos.
I hope the article 10 advantages and disadvantages of CCTV cameras have solved all your question regarding your issues about using CCTV cameras.
If you have any queries or questions related to the pros and cons of CCTV cameras. Please feel to contact me and also if you need to add or remove something from the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to have chat with me in the comment section
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on the related topics.
Thank You for reading.