In this article, we are going to learn the 11 advantages and disadvantages of HDMI with benefits & drawbacks of HDMI, also we will learn the pros and cons of using HDMI.
HDMI full form is High Definition Multimedia Interface. HDMI cable and port are used for transferring high-quality audio and videos with a high bandwidth stream between devices.
This technology is used in HDTV, Projectors, DVD player and BLURAY player because of some of its awesome features it has become very popular.
Let’s start exploring the topic in detail.
What is HDMI PORT & HDMI CABLE?
The HDMI stands for HIGH DEFINITION MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE.
HDMI is nothing but a means of transferring high-quality audio and videos digitally from the source to the VDU [Video Display unit].
In simple words HDMI transfer videos and audio from the source to the monitor or video display device.
In this modern era, everyone wants to view their graphics, images, videos, games in HD [High Definition] quality this can be accomplished with the help of an HDMI cable connecting to an HDMI port.
HDMI is a high-speed cable that can work with 100 Mbps speed in bi-direction therefore they help to view 4k and high definition sound in the highest quality.
These cables have 19 different wires which are connected to a connector that transfers audio, video digital signals from one device to another device at high speed.
This HDMI enables us to view images, pictures, videos, games in high contrast and in 48-bit color also helps us to view videos in 1080p with high frame rates.
They are also used in playing high-quality audio like Dolby, DTS, super audio, and HD audio. HDMI is also used in playing live streams, playing online games, and live video chats.
The HDMI does not need to compress video signals and it can directly be transferred.
These silent HDMI features made them popular and easily replaced old VGA [Video Graphic Adaptor] cables.
These HDMI cables are categorized into two different types
- Standard cable or Common Cable
- High-Speed Cable.
These advantages and merits of using HDMI made them very famous and encouraged users to use them on their devices.
Also Read ::
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microcontroller
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Magnetic Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microprocessor
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CRT Monitors
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CCTV Cameras
Advantages and Disadvantages of HDMI | Drawbacks & Benefits of HDMI
Below we have discussed the Advantages and Disadvantages of HDMI in points with the picture also we have noticed some of the drawbacks and benefits of HDMl which we have mentioned briefly below.
Advantages of HDMI | Benefits of HDMI
Below we have discussed the benefits and advantages of HDMI in detailed
- The biggest merit and advantage of HDMI is that it outputs original quality of videos and images in the highest quality.
- The HDMI is two way communication cables which are automatically configured on both sides.
- Playing high quality audios like Dolby, DTS, super audio and HD audio.
- HDMI also used in playing live streams, playing online games and live video chats.
- Using HDMI images and pictures are viewed in 48 bit.
- HDMI enables us to view videos, games in 1080 p and also in 4k.
- HDMI is a high speed cable which can work with 100 mbps speed in bi-direction.
- The HDMI cable is more than sufficient we don’t require any other cable.
- HDMI cable used for transferring high quality audio and videos with high bandwidth stream between devices.
- They are a means of safe communication the digital signals pass cannot be altered and changed. These signal are encrypted and authenticated.
- They are display port compatible. HDMI uses parallel technology.
- HDMI are plug and play which means we do not have to install drivers for their use.
- They use DVI Interface. The computer or devices which have DVI can transmit HD signals.
- With use of HDMI high definition pictures can be viewed such as 10 bit, 12 bit, 16 bit depths.
- Signals are not lost in HDMI.
- HDMI are known for lossless transmission. The content is shown perfectly on the screen without any distortion.
- There are two types of HDMI cables 1] Standard cable or Common Cable 2] High Speed Cable.
- HDMI was introduced in the year 2003 they are less complex and less time consuming.
- HDMI Ports are available in all modern devices like laptop, Blue-Ray, TVs, smart phones, and large monitors to be viewed in HD quality.
Disadvantages of HDMI | Drawbacks of HDMI
Let us now discuss briefly on drawbacks on disadvantages of HDMI in detailed
- HDMI cables are expensive and come in around 35 meter in length which is category 1 whereas HDMI category-2 does not support transmission over 10 meters. This can sometimes cause problem as their reach is limited.
- HDMI cables sometimes delay the outputs which cause blank screen and errors.
- These cables are not suitable for all locations when are used simultaneously as it may cause the application not to run properly.
- To transfer data in long distance HDMI cables are used with switches, distribution amplifiers, audio/video processor like devices are used and that are quite expensive compared to analog cables
- DVI interfacing requires separate wire and HDMI-DVI adaptor.
- HDMI are not capable to run in multiple applications and locations.
- The HDMI cables can be only used with the devices which are HDMI enabled.
- HDMI and EDID [Extended Display Identification Data] specifications offer limited guidance in multiple location deployment scenarios.
- The consumer Electronic Format helps different devices to communicate with each other sometimes there is a misunderstanding and confusion and this device gets undetected.
- They are Plug and Play it means we do not have to install drives for these devices. But sometimes the system is unable to detect the cables and devices.
HDMI Cable Used In
- Blue-Ray Disc
- HD DVD Players
- Digital Camera
- Digital Camcorder
- Personal Computer
- Tablets Computer
- Mobile Phones
Also Read ::
- Advantages and Disadvantages of UPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hard Disk Drives
- Top 20 Advantages of Internet in Points
- Advantages and Disadvanatges of Floppy Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Plasma Display
- Differences between HTTP and SMTP
- Advantages and Disadvantages of HTTPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SSL
Get In Touch
HDMI cables and ports are the best devices to gain the best viewing experience not only the picture quality is 4k it can also play audios like Dolby, DTS, super audio, and HD audio.
Therefore HDMI has successfully and easily replaced the market with analog cables.
The consistent development in the field of computer peripherals and devices has enhanced the market with new and updated technologies.
New and advanced HDMI ports are flooding the market with additional features.
The points which I have made here will be more frequently updated as soon as I come across more news and updates.
I have also written and compiled some articles on computers and telecommunication please go through with them I hope you will like them.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to the 11 advantages and disadvantages of HDMI had been answered here with the pros and cons of using HDMI..
If you have any questions related to the drawbacks and benefits of HDMI.
Please feel to contact me and also if you need to add or remove something from the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to have chat with me in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on the related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!