In this article, we are going to learn the 11 advantages and disadvantages of Gifi technology with the benefits & drawbacks of gifi, also we will learn the pros and cons of using gifi.
The Gi-Fi is a wireless technology that is considerably faster than the existing technologies. Large file sizes can be downloaded with unbelievable speed.
The full form of GIFI is Gigabit Wireless Technology.
This GiFi Technology is considered as the next generation technology which is going to easily replace the current technology.
The Gi-Fi technology will sooner be used in homes, offices, and organizations because of its benefits and amazing features.
What is GiFi Technology?
The GiFi stands for gigabit wireless technology the data rate performs at the speed of more than one billion bits (gigabit) per second.
Stan Skafidis of “Melbourne University“ NICTA, Australia is the inventor of the GiFi chip. The GiFi chip uses a small one-millimeter-wide antenna and uses power which is less than 2 watts.
GI-FI was developed in the year 2004. GIFI wireless technology is considered to be 10 to 12 times faster than other wireless technology.
Gifi is unbelievably faster than the other technologies it offers short-range data transfer with a speed of 5 Gbps that’s incredible speed within a range of 10 to 12 meters and they operate with a frequency band of 60 GHz.
Gi-Fi specifies in IEEE 802.15.3C standard. Gi-Fi technology is the transceiver of the world integrated on a single chip that operates at 60GHz using the CMOS process.
The GIFI technology allows the transfer of files within the range of 10 to 12 meters.
Advantages and Disadvantages of GI-Fi Technology
We are going to discuss the Advantages and Disadvantages of GIFI Technology.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microcontroller
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Magnetic Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Microprocessor
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CRT Monitors
- Advantages and Disadvantages of CCTV Cameras
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Blu-Ray Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Fifth Generations of Computer
- Applications of SMPS in Power Supply
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Satellite Communications
- Advantages and Disadvantages of USB Flash Drives
Benefits and Advantages of GI-Fi Technology
Below I am going to share some of the benefits and advantages of GI-FI Technology.
- GIFI is a new wireless technology that can perform data transfer at the speed of 5Gbps which is considered to be 10 to 12 times faster than other wireless technology.
- The GIFI is capable to download huge data like (videos, movies, etc.) within a few seconds which use to take long hours using old technology.
- The amazing speed of GI-FI wireless technology is considered the major benefit and advantage of GIFI.
- The Size of the GIFI chip is very small and can be installed on mobile phones and small devices.
- Encryption technology in Gi-Fi ensures the privacy and security of content.
- GIFI is commonly used in mobile phones, home devices, Electronics offices, PDAs [Personal Digital Assistants], consumers, notebooks, computers, laptops, servers, etc.
- The coverage of GIFI is low approx. 10 meters
- The power consumption of GIFI is very low the power requires to transfer data is in milliwatts. It takes about 2 milliwatts of power consumption. The power consumption is very low when compared to other technologies.
- The raw material which is used in the manufacturing of GIFI chips is very cheap therefore the cost is quite low.
- The GIFI is really easy to install as they use wireless technology while LAN Networks used cables and wires which are very difficult to maintain and are very costly.
- This technology is quite portable and can change location according to our needs whereas LAN is very difficult to move as they have a huge installation.
- The GI-FI technology has removed cable and wires which was old fashion style of technology and was tedious, time-consuming, and expensive.
- It uses the 60GHz millimeter wave spectrum to transmit the data.
- Gi-Fi technology is based on IEEE 802.15.3C and this standard provides more security compared to older technologies.
- Gi-Fi uses millimeter waves for data transmission over the air.
- Gi-Fi data density is very high.
Drawbacks and Disadvantages of GI-Fi Technology
Below we are going to discuss the 11 drawbacks and disadvantages of GI-Fi Technology.
- The coverage range of the GIFI technology is only 10 meters.
- GIFi security features are better than WIFI but are considered to be weak compared to the LiFi system.
- RTS/CTS signals are not used in GiFi technology, unlike WiFi standards.
- Due to lesser operating wavelength gifi signals are easily blocked.
- As this is a new technology for installation and troubleshooting purposes professional help is advised.
- The GIFI technology is the latest, therefore, it is hard to define its pros and cons let this technology be tested on several conditions and later we will decide more about its disadvantage.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of UPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Hard Disk Drives
- Top 20 Advantages of Internet in Points
- Advantages and Disadvanatges of Floppy Disk
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Plasma Display
- Differences between HTTP and SMTP
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Gi-Fi
- Advantages and Disadvantages of HTTPS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SSL
- Learn Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Get In Touch
GI-Fi has many astonishing features and in the coming days it will rule the telecommunication industry as the need for high-speed internet is growing day by day this GIFi is capable of providing such high-speed internet which is up to 5 GBPS.
The manufacturing cost of GIFI is very cheap therefore they will be more popular than other technologies and will comfortably replace them in coming years.
The points I have made here will be more frequently updated as soon as I come across more news and updates.
I have also written and compiled some articles on computers and telecommunication please go through them I hope you will like them.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to the 11 advantages and disadvantages of GIFI had been answered here with the pros and cons of GIFI.
If you have any questions related to the drawbacks and benefits of GIFi technology.
Please feel to contact me and also if you need to add or remove something from the article which I may have forgotten to do so, please feel free to chat with me in the comment section.
Share this article with your friends and colleagues this motivates me to write more on related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!