In this article, we are going to learn and write what are the four characteristics of NON-Impact Printers with examples and definitions.
What is Printer?
A printer is a device that sends information to the printer in the form of text words, graphics that are of any type, i.e., in colored or in black and white that text words or pictures convert into hard copies size 8.8” to 11” sheet of paper.
Input work is accepted by the user or on other devices to use print documents.
What are Non-Impact Printers?
Non-Impact Printers is a type of printer that prints without touching physically with the help of ink or other substance, and it does not strike the paper.
Some of these printers use spray ink, while others used to heat and pressure to create graphics or text.
Three Types of Non-Impact Printers
- Laser Printers.
- Inkjet Printers.
- Thermal Printers.
A computer-connected printer that produces high-quality printed material by using a laser to form an electrostatically charged dot on a light sensitivity drum, which attracts toner (or dried ink powder).
The toner is transferred to a sheet of paper and fixed through a heating process.
2. Inkjet Printer
An inkjet printer is a computer peripheral that sprays ink onto paper.
In an inkjet printer, the print head consists of several small nozzles, also called jets.
As the paper moves through the print head, the nozzles spray ink on it, forming letters and charts.
It produces an image on paper by running paper with a thermochromic coating over a print head composed of electrically heated elements and creating an image in the area where the heated coating turns black.
A dye-sublimation printer is a form of thermal printing technology that uses heat to transfer dye to materials.
Write Four Characteristics of Non-Impact Printers
- It prints faster than the impact printer and takes less time.
- They do not physically touch; you need the help of ink or other substances to print and without a physical feel to print.
- Good quality printable material printing.
- They are quieter than impact printers while printing.
- Prints a page in minimal time.
- It also prints a graphic image precisely as it is.
- They need less maintenance or repairs than impact printers.
- They are used today because they are easy to handle and are considered fast.
- It is used in small machines like receipts, ATMs, movie tickets, Bus tickets, billings, etc.
- They are extensively used by students, employees, and working people for official work use.
- You can print on various paper sizes, from the banner format size to anything else.
People Are Also Reading
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Thermal Printer
- Top 10+ Characteristics of Inkjet Printers
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Dot Matrix Printers
- What is Printer and Different Types of Printers
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Fifth Generations of Computer System
- Characteristics of Fourth Generations of Computer
- Differences Between Impact and Non-Impact Printers
- 10+ Characteristics of Laser Printers
- Plotter is Input or Output Device
- What are the Examples of Dot Matrix Printers
- 10+ Advantages and Disadvantages of Laser Printers
- Learn Computer Fundamentals
- Computer Basic Tutorials
Characteristics of Non-Impact Printers Using Image
Types of Non-Impact Printers
- Laser Printers.
- Inkjet Printers.
- Thermal Printers.
3 Types of Impact Printers?
- Line Printers.
Examples of Non-Impact Printers
All printers today are non-impact printers they are
- Laser printer
- Inkjet printer
- LED Printer
- Solid Ink Printer
- Thermal Wax Transfer Printer
- Dye-Sublimation Printer
Different Types of Printers
Useful Video On: Characteristics of Non-Impact Printers
5 Advantages of Non-Impact Printers
- They are inexpensive.
- Multiple printouts can be obtained at a reasonable cost.
- It can print a line or character at a time.
- Print quality is superior compared to impact printers.
- They use cartridges and toners for printing.
5 Disadvantages of Non-Impact Printers
- Ink cartridges for non-impact printers are very costly.
- In laser printers, toner is harmful to humans.
- An Inkjet printer is slower than a laser printer, and high-quality er is required.
- It is expensive to replace the ink cartridge.
- In a thermal printer, if it is too heated to operate, ink consumes more, and the printing may not be accurate.
7 Differences Between Impact and Non-Impact Printers
|#||Impact Printers||Non-Impact Printers|
|1||The impact printer prints characters or images by striking a print hammer or wheel against an inked ribbon.||The non-impact printer prints characters and images without hitting the paper|
|2||Impact Printers are slower.||Non-Impact Printers are comparatively faster.|
|3||Lower print quality.||Superior Print Quality|
|4||Usually uses continuous paper sheets.||The non-impact printer uses individual paper sheets.|
|5||Impact printer makes noise during printing.||Non-impact doesn’t make noise.|
|6||It uses an inked ribbon while printing,||Non-impact uses toner or cartridge for printing.|
What are the 3 Functions of a Printer?
Different Printers With Their Uses in Tabular Form
|#1||Laser||Laser printers are used in printing stationery, brochures, labels, leaflets|
|#2||Dot-Matrix||The dot matrix printers are capable of printing multiple sheets at once. They are used in the billing section of offices and businesses.|
|#3||Thermal Printers||They are used in railways reservations, restaurants, ATMs, credit card swipes, malls, etc.|
|#4||Photo Printers||Photo Printers are used for printing photos and images in high quality and are used by professionals.|
|#5||Inkjet Printers||Inkjet printers are used to produce printouts on a variety of objects such as Envelop, T-shirts, visiting cards, invitation cards, etc.|
Famous Printer Manufacturing Companies
Is a Printer Input or Output?
The printer is an output device that presents output on paper.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
What are the 2 Impact Printers
Dot-Matrix & Daisy Wheel.
What are the Two Types of Printers
Impact & Non-Impact Printers.
What are the 3 Types of Non-Impact Printers?
Laser, Inkjet, and Thermal Printers.
Is Plotter an Impact Printer?
No, Plotter is used and utilized in engineering.
Which is the Best Non-Impact Printer?
Dye sublimation printer.
Is inkjet a Non-Impact Printer?
Majority of the modern computers are non-impact printers
Which Non-Impact Printer is Fastest?
What is the Slowest Printer?
Dot Matrix Printer.
What is World’s Smallest printer?
HP DeskJet 3700 Series Printer
Give the Characteristics of Non-Impact Printer
Quality Prints are Available as Outputs.
Get In Touch
I have also written and compiled some articles on computers and telecommunications, and please go through them.
I hope you will like reading it.
I hope that all the questions and queries related to What are the characteristics of NON-Impact Printer have been answered here.
Don’t hesitate to contact me, and if you need to add, remove, or update anything from the article, please let me know in the comment section or via email.
I will be more than happy to update the article. I am always ready to correct myself.
I was hoping you could share this article with your friends and colleagues; this motivates me to write more on related topics.
!!! Thank You !!!