What Is Computer Booting?
Computer Booting In a simple term can be explained as The Process When computer Starts or boots. There are 2 types of booting
- Cold Booting ::
- Warm Booting ::
Cold Booting :: cold Booting is a process when user start their computer normally like switching on from power socket and hit power button of CPU [Central Processing Unit]
Warm Booting::Warm Booting Is a Process When User Deliberately Restart the System. This can happen when computer Hangs. Or computer system get's freeze.
Process of Computer Booting Using a CD or DVD
When User Start their computer System, the CPU checks itself, which is triggered by clock ticks generated by the system clock. Part of the CPU's initialization is to look to the system's ROM BIOS. The ROM BIOS stores the first instruction, which is the instructions to run the power-on self test (POST), in a predetermined memory address.
Digital Versatile Disc
Also Read ::
- How to Boot Computer From USB Pendrive
- Create Bootable Pendrive in 4 Clicks
- How to Create a Dos Bootable Pendrive
- What is Computer Hardware and Software
POST begins by checking the BIOS chip and then tests CMOS RAM. if there is a CMOS [Complementary metal oxide semiconductor] battery failed bios displays a error (CMOS checksum error) it then continues to initialize the CPU, checking the inventoried hardware (sound card, display or VGA), secondary storage devices, such as hard drives and floppy drives, zip drives, ports and other hardware devices, such as the keyboard and mouse.
When the Post Has checked all the components working properly. The CPU [Central Processing Unit] has successfully done is part..Then BIOS Looks to load operating system .(Win8,Winxp,win10 )
Then BIOS tells CMOS chip to find the operating system on hard disk ...In the majority of the computer Operating System [OS] is installed on C: Drive.You can also go to CMOS setup to change the BIOS setting...
You can boot your system using A CD, A DVD, pen drives, hard disk. And Thus this process of starting computer is known as booting.
Also Read ::
- Boot Computer Using CD or DVD in Hindi
- How to Install Windows 8 From USB Pendrive
- How to Install Windows 7 on Your Computer
- How to Install Windows XP on Your Computer
How To Boot From a CD or DVD?
You may need to start computer or laptop using any bootable CD or DVD just for changing operating system or repairing OS system files or you may need to change or upgrade your operating system. For this you need to start your computer from a CD or DVD other then internal hard disk which is present inside your computer case commonly known as cabinet or chassis.
Sometimes you need to start your PC from an external source like pen drive, external hard disk bootable CD or DVD for avoiding any complication during the process. To start your computer from an external source you must have a startup disk which is generally called as a Bootable source.To start computer using pen drive or USB flash drive you must create a bootable medium to create a bootable drive there are number of free software available in the market choose anyone of them.
To start the process you must have a working CD-RW or DVD-RW in this process of computer startup you have to insert you source or medium into them so that the device initializes and read necessary system files and folder which are must for computer booting. If the source which you have inserted is corrupted or damaged the process will stop responding as I have face this kind of issues several times in my IT career therefore please do keep your source in a safe place and avoid any scratches and damaged while handling them.
Computer System or PC Hardware Requirements For Computer Booting ::
- Any Bootable CD, DVD Or Pen drive..How to Make Bootable Pen drive
- Working CD / DVD & USB Port.
- Let us Boot Computer Using CD Or DVD
- Step 1 :: Insert DVD Or CD In DVD-RW
- Step 2 :: Restart Your System When computer Boots .Go to CMOS Setup / Bios Configuration by Continuous Pressing DEL Key from Keyboard Some Common Keys are F1, F2, F10, F12
- Tip :: (Go To Your Manual And Find Which key to Hit to Go to CMOS Setup ...Sometimes It can be seen while Computer starts at the Bottom of The Screen)
- Step 3 :: After Pressing Key You Will Find Picture as mentioned below..CMOS / BIOS could not look exactly as shown in figure ...BIOS Feature Depends upon the BIOS Manufacturer. Your BIOS May Does not look Likes ours but if You closely look at it You will definitely get an idea...Some common Bios are Award, Pheonix.
- Step 4 :: Now Just Go to Advanced Setup And Press Enter ...Note :: Use Keyboard's arrow keys to highlight The Bios Option...To change the Setting you can use arrow keys or page up and page down keys from keyboard.. Nowadays Some BIOS Allows Users To change The Setting Using mouse.
- Step 5 :: As you can see In the below Picture ...I have changed setting as i want to boot my computer using DVD ... If 1st Boot is failed BIOS Automatically looks for the 2nd boot option that is hard disk as given in the picture... .
- 1st Boot Device::HL-DT-STD Vd -RAM GH2 (That's My DvD-RW).
- 2nd Boot Device::Hard disk (ST3250310A3)
- Step 6 :: Now Save the changes by Pressing F10 From keyboard...Press ok and now you system is going to restart.
- Step 7 :: After a While your System will Show a screen as given below::: If this Screen appears That means you have successfully booted your system